I am Guy Lambrechts, a Belgian landscape, architecture and nature photographer. For years I took family pictures and holiday snaps just for fun. Very soon I felt compelled to improve and understand how to get the best out of my camera. I took evening classes and finally officially graduated as a photographer. My passion for photography grew when I realised the impact of framing, light and camera settings on my initial landscape pictures.
Landscape and waterscapes
Since then I’ve been chasing one of my dreams. I feel happy while out camping, hiking or simply strolling along my local environment with my camera and gear at hand. While waiting for those long exposure pictures, I feel at one with the great outdoors. I enjoy observing full of wonder and amazement the beauty of insects, frogs, wildlife, plants and trees.
Combining my desire to travel and love for photography, I visit both known and unknown destinations around our beautiful planet. I’m inspired by the quiet beauty of the landscape. In most of our daily lives, we’re surrounded by traffic, noise and thousands of other things that require our attention. My life is no exception. When I’m out there, taking pictures, everything else fades away, leaving the simple beauty of the landscape in front of me. It becomes a spiritual experience and it revitalises my soul. While travelling, I constantly scan the environment for interesting lines and light in graphic or epic landscapes or an area of unspoilt nature.
Steadily, I simplified and transformed my work into fine art photography, both in colour and in black and white. Through my photographs, I like to convey a spiritual quality of serenity, elegance, mood, calmness and beauty. Rolling landscapes, desolate beaches, splashing streams, waterfalls, impressive trees and nature are therefore my favourite subjects.
During my hikes, I can’t resist making pictures of solitary trees. Along the way on my hikes, I capture lonely trees, young and old, who survived age, weather, fire and human interferences. Even the damaged trees with broken branches express great appeal to the eyes. Standing tall in the snow and the mist or even laying down, they look like pen drawings, with graphic simplicity and beauty.
As a frequent business traveller, I also feel at home in cities, spotting lines, shapes and light in both historic and modern architecture.
Recently I stepped into the world of street photography, observing people and capturing those decisive moments and scenes in the streets of cities all over the world.
Interior and product photography
Besides the landscapes, waterscapes, nature, architecture and street photography which I predominantly make for myself I also accept assignments for interior or product photography.
- 2019, “Fotograaf m/v”, CC De Borre, Bierbeek Belgium
- 2019, “Solo – single subject”, Valid world Hall, Madrid, Spain
- 2019, “My Favorite Shots”, Xpozer’s New Gallery, Caballero Fabriek, The Hague, Netherlands
- 2019, “Minimalism” at MIA Photo Fair, Milan, Italy
- 2019 “Monochrome” at Ravnikar gallery located in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
- 2019 “Memorable Portraits” at Piazza Ca’ Zanardi (Itsliquid) Venice, Italy
- 2019, “Monochrome” at Ravnikar gallery located in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
- 2019 “Your Favorite Shot” at Piazza Ca’ Zanardi (Itsliquid) Venice, Italy
- 2019 “Your Exhibition Shot” at Blank Wall, Athens, Greece
- 2019 “Street photography” at Photosynthesis Photography Center, Sofia, Bulgaria
- 2019 “Borders” at Hinterland Gallery, Vienna, Austria
- 2019 “Solo” at Ravnikar gallery located in Ljubljana, Slovenia
- 2019 “Vrienden van de fotografie”, Sociaal Huis Landen , Belgium
- 2019 “Dramatic B&W”, “Less is more” and “Solo” Laurent Gallery, Melbourne, Australia
- 2019 “Mostly white”, BAA Gallery, Berlin, Germany
- 2019 “People in the city”, Valid word Hall, Barcelona, Spain
- 2019 “Powerful Composition”, BBA Gallery, Berlin, Germany
- 2019 “Memorable Portraits”, Qlick Gallery, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- 2019 “Mostly Black”, Blank Wall Gallery, Athens, Greece
- 2019 “My favourite shot”, Piazza Ca’Zanbardi (Itsliquid), Venice, Italy
- 2019, “Memorable portraits”, Annual Israeli photography convention, Tel Aviv, Israel
- 2019, “Our amazing planet”, Annual Israeli photography convention, Tel Aviv, Israel
- 2019 “At the beach”, Blank Wall Gallery, Athens, Greece
- 2019″Artistic Photography”, Thessaloniki International Contemporary Art Fair, Thessaloniki , Greece
- 2019 “Architecture”, Valid World Hall, Barcelona, Spain
- 2020 “The Photographer of the Year”, Espaco Asphelo d’agua Gallery, Lisbon Portugal
- 2020 “Our amazing planet”, Los Angeles Center of Photography, Los Angeles, United States
- 2020 “Nature Photographer of the year”, The Space Art Gallery, Vancouver, Canada
- 2020 “The Art of Black and White”, MIA Photofair, Milan, Italy
- 2020 “My favourite shot”, Ravnikar Gallery, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- 2020 “Fine Art”, Blank Wall Gallery, Athens, Greece
- 2020 “Powerful compositions”, Kontrast Galleri, Stockholm, Sweden
- 2020, “My exhibition shot”, The Space Art Gallery, Vancouver, Canada
- 2020 “The beauty of the earth”, Valid world Hall, Barcelona, Spain
- 2020 “The art of Photography”, Blank Wall, Athens Greece
- 2020 “Minimalism”, Los Angeles Center of Photography, Los Angeles, United States
- 2020 “Best of black and white”, BBA Gallery, Berlin, Germany
- 2020 “My Exhibition Shot”, Laurent Gallery, Melbourne, Australia
- 2020 “Borders”, Laurent Gallery, Melbourne, Australia
- 2020 “Portrait”, Blank Wall Gallery, Athens, Greece
- 2020 “Solo-single object”, Espaco Espelho d’Agua Gallery, Lisbon, Portugal
- 2020 “Solo-single subject”, The Photography Show, Birmingham, UK
- 2020 “The Art of Balck and White”, BBA Gallery, Berlin, Germany
- 2020 “Street Photography”, Valid world Hall, Barcelona Spain
- 2020 “My Exhibition Shot”, Valid World Hall Gallery, Barcelona, Spain
- 2020 “Travel Photography”, Kontrast Galleri, Stockholm, Sweden
- 2020 “Nature Photography”, Blank Wall Gallery, Berlin, Germany
- 2020 “People and Places, Studio Galeri B&B, Paris, France
- 2020 “My favourite shot”, Blank Wall Gallery, Athens, Greece
- 2020 “Art of Black and white”, Brick Lane Art Gallery, London, UK
- 2021 “White”, Blank Wall Gallery, Athens, Greece
- 2021 “B&W Photographer of the Year”, Coningsby Gallery, Londen, UK
- 2021 “Wall of fame”, CC de Borre, Bierbeek, Belgium
- 2021 “Explosief – kunstroute”, Bierbeek, Belgium
Feel free to contact me via email or through the contact page